Molly Carter, a Lynbrook High School Senior and rising lacrosse star, is gaining even more momentum as she gets ready to graduate and play at Syracuse University in the Fall.
Check out the latest edition of Long Island Tennis Magazine, featuring an article by Peak Performance’s very own Strength and Conditioning Specialist and Physical Therapist, Brian DeVeaux. Brian brings his expertise to readers, offering a regimen of stretches and warm-up exercises that improve performance and prevent injury. Click here if you’re ready to take your game to the next level…
Peak Performance Fitness’s own Exercise Physiologist Corynne Periera’s article was featured in the March/April 2016 Issue of Long Island Tennis Magazine. Check out it below…
On your mark, get set…go! New York City is off. The 2015 NYC Marathon is this Sunday, November 1 and runners everywhere are in the final leg of training programs; mapping out their night before and after race plans. Two such runners are Peak Performance employees: Exercise Physiologist, Pam Geisel and Physical Therapist, Derek Hanson. They were able to take a minute out of their busy schedule and give us a “Peak” into a runner’s life. Here’s the breakdown.
Pam Geisel, Exercise Physiologist
- Training Strategy: 18 weeks of training with a running coach
- Ran two previous marathons this year; this is her third.
- Three weeks after the NYC Marathon, Pam is running the Philly Marathon.
- Used her new running skills and tips to train her Fly with the Owls Team. Fly with the Owls is a four-mile run benefiting the Lynbrook community and its youth.
- Pam’s Race Goal: I want to finish in 4 hours. My previous two marathon times were 4:23 and 4:09
- Pam’s Race Advice: Run smart, Be patient, Finish Strong. Pam explained that while running a marathon its often easy to get caught up in the energy, forget your plan and get tired too quickly; but by remembering this motto she can constantly remind herself what needs to be done.
Derek Hanson, Physical Therapist
- Training Strategy: Since Derek’s timing last year was low, his training goal was to remain consistent with his mileage.
- Ran three previous marathons this year
- Secret Weapon: If Derek is exhausted after training, he does his recovery time on the treadmill in Peak Performance’s Hydroworx Therapeutic Pool. This means he runs on a treadmill, in the water, against a current.
- Derek’s Race Goal: To beat last year’s time of 2:47
- Derek’s Race Advice: The NYC Marathon is the best one to run; just show up and the rest will happen. You’ll have a great time.